OPPORTUNITIES & CURRENT NEEDS
The positions listed are currently available at The Alliance Academy International.
Candidates may request the qualifications from Lois Wells (email@example.com). Mrs. Wells is the contact person for information and completing required paperwork, after which qualified candidates will be considered by the supervisor of the position, according to AAI’s personnel policy.
Personnel recruitment and retention mission/vision statement: Consistent with AAI's commitment to Eternity, Excellence, and Community, we seek to recruit and retain called and qualified individuals who are passionate and equally committed to: maturing in spiritual ministry, pursuing continued professional development, and fostering community; all in the context of a highly diverse, international Christian school setting. We are seeking Evangelical Believers who will commit for 3 years minimum and ideally as a long term calling to serve in International education.
2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR
Executive Director Position
The ALLIANCE ACADEMY INTERNATIONAL located in Quito, Ecuador is seeking a new Executive Director to replace Dr. Wells who will be leaving during or after the 2016-2017 school year. This position offers an experienced educational leader the opportunity to build on the excellent leadership when the current AAI Director terminates his 9 year tenure. An opening of this significance represents an exciting opportunity for an inspired Christian educator to make a lasting contribution not only to the School and its international community, but primarily to the glory of our Lord.
These are the REQUIRED and PREFERRED Qualifications:
- Vibrant testimony of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Vibrant and verifiable testimony of maturing spiritually in their worldview and in lifestyle choices
- Testimony of a passion to serve at the AAI as a Christian ministry
- Adhere to the Statement of Faith.
- Minimum of two years of experience in educational administration.
- Have cross-cultural skills that enable him/her to relate sensitively and professionally to a multicultural public.
- Earned graduate degree from an institution approved by a regional accrediting agency.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Earned at least fifteen semester hours of graduate credit in educational administration and supervision as a part of a master’s program or in addition thereto.
- Earn at least six semester hours of graduate credit during each five-year period until he/she has earned at least thirty semester hours of graduate credit in addition to the master’s degree. A minimum of three semester hours must be obtained in the area of multi-cultural education.
- Have fifteen accredited hours in Bible and Theology.
- Effective communicator in English and Spanish.
- Have classroom teaching experience.
Our Director´s official departure date will be June of 2017, but if a new replacement is found for this position before this date he will be able to step out before the end of that school year.
Interested parties should contact Dr. D. Bruce Lockerbie (firstname.lastname@example.org), at PAIDEIA, Inc.. PAIDEIA, Inc. is the search firm supporting the Board in the Director search process.
- Secondary Principal, BA/BS Degree in Education required, preferred MA or in process (should be Education if undergrad is not). Experience in Instructional leadership or Educational Administration. Minimum of 3 years classroom experience also required.
- Elementary Principal, BA/BS Degree in Education required, preferred MA or in process (should be Education if undergrad is not). Experience in Instructional leadership or Educational Administration. Minimum of 3 years classroom experience also required.
Elementary Division: (2017-18 school year)
• Preschool Teacher (4 years old)BA/BS required. Early Childhood endorsement preferred.
• Elementary Teacher BA/BS in K-6/8 Education required
• Physical Education Teacher, minimum BA/BS in Physical Education preferred
• Secondary Art Teacher, BA, BS Degree required in an related area to Art.
• Secondary Math Teacher: Minimum BS or BA required in Math Education. Experience preferred.