One of the strengths of the Alliance Academy International is our extracurricular program. We offer many opportunities for our students to find their strengths and participate with a group of peers while being mentored by an outstanding Christian Faculty and Staff.
Band provides an excellent opportunity for musical growth on a band instrument and provides a venue of expression that is not found anywhere else. As the students prepare for performances they learn basic music theory, learn to work as an ensemble, and further develop skills on their instrument.
Band Ensembles Include:
- Elementary Beginning Band
- Elementary Intermediate Band
- Elementary Advanced Band
- Middle School Concert Band
- High School Concert Band (Includes one Quarter of Marching Band)
- JV Jazz Band
- Varsity Jazz Band
Occasionally we also offer:
- Pep Band
- Drum Line
- Jazz Combo
The Alliance Academy International Choral Program is committed to a world-class artistic and educational experience for secondary school singers. To that end, the secondary choral and vocal program is organized around four core areas:
- Individual Vocal Tone & Performance,
- Choral & Vocal Group Technique & Presentation,
- Music Literacy (Pitch, Rhythm, Vocabulary, etc.) and
- Expanding Musical Perspectives & Styles.
We believe that creative and quality experiences (knowledge and skills) presented effectively and consistently (habits of body, mind, and spirit) result in positive life skills (values) and musical independence (artistry).
- The student will develop good individual vocal tone and performance skills.
- The student will develop techniques that enhance the vocal group presentation.
- The student will develop their individual musical literacy.
- The student will develop a basic understanding of musical notation and theory.
- The student will develop basic skills in sight reading and ear-training.
- Most importantly, the student will develop skills in self-discipline and performance group participation.
Clubs provide an excellent opportunity for students to explore interests that they may have. This is an area that changes from year to year, but has included Generation Joshua (a political club), a chess club, and a climbing/hiking club.
Each semester the Alliance Academy theatre department offers students the opportunity to participate in a dramatic production. Our emphasis is on the development of each actor’s talents through the development of a strong ensemble of actors in performance. God reveals His truths in many different ways and we believe that He is able to do this through the work of various playwrights, the interpretation and insights of the director, and the use of an actor’s gifts and talents in performance before an audience.
The theatre program seeks to offer a variety of dramas for the school and English-speaking community in Quito. Recent productions include the historical play Radium Girls (Spring 2008), a children’s theatre improvisational piece called As It Was Told (Fall 2008), Kaufman & Hart’s classic You Can’t Take It With You (Spring 2009), The Taming of the Shrew by Shakespeare (Fall 2009), and, for the first time ever, a proper tragedy, Jean Anouilh's Antigone (spring 2010).
Actors at the Alliance Academy may participate in the International Thespian Society, a student organization honoring outstanding work in the dramatic arts. More than 100 students have been made members of the ITS since 1989.
At Alliance Academy International our goal is that students grow in Spirit, Mind and Body. To encourage this we offer several athletic opportunities. We have appropriate and varied intramural opportunities at the lower elementary, upper elementary, middle school and high school levels. We also have three intercollegiate sport seasons for the secondary students in Basketball, Volleyball and Soccer. In the 2009-2010 school year we were one of the founding members of a new sports league – QISSA (Quito International Schools Sports Association)