Thank you for considering the Alliance Academy International (AAI) for your child's education. The Academy provides an integrated education for your child –spiritually, academically, and socially. Our admissions committee considers various factors from the educational background of each student seeking admission as well as the availability within individual grade levels and programs in meeting the needs of each child.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who are we?
We are an international, evangelical Christian school with a U.S.-based curriculum. Bible classes are taught daily at all grade levels, and chapel services are held weekly. Spiritual Emphasis chapels are held for a week each semester.
2. In what language are the classes taught?
All classes are taught in English (except for Spanish language classes). Students whose first language is not English must take an English test and be at an acceptable level to be admitted to our school. AAI has an extensive ESL program designed to provide the additional support needed by students who are not first-language English speakers.
3. What are the school hours for students?
- Preschool (4 years old) 1/2 day 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
- Preschool (4 years old) extended program 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Kindergarten (5 years old) 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Grades 1-6 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Grades 7-12 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
4. What age does my child have to be?
Children must be four years old by September 1st to enter the Kindergarten 4 program; five years old by September 1st to enter the Kindergarten 5 program; six years old by September 1st to enter first grade; and so on.
5. Does the Academy recognize credit for homeschooling?
Home schooling credit will be granted only to students who have enrolled and have been accountable to an approved and accredited North American curriculum and course of study, such as A BEKA and the University of Nebraska. A list of schools that are approved can be found in the offices of the Secondary Principal and the Academic Guidance Counselor. Exceptions to this policy will be granted only by the Admissions Committee in consultation with the Secondary Principal and the Academic Guidance Counselor.
6. Do all courses from previous schooling receive credit at the Academy?
Each student's previous academic record is reviewed individually. The Alliance Academy International follows a U.S, curriculum in English and is accredited by SACS (AdvancED) and the ACSI; therefore, not all courses from previous schools will transfer for credit towards a high school diploma for graduation from the Academy. Depending on the level of English competency, some students may require additional time or coursework to complete the English language requirements for graduation.
7. How do I enroll my child?
The admissions process is as follows:
- pick up an application form and fill it out completely
- return the application with the following required documents:
- most recent standardized test
- two recent photos (carnet size)
- vaccination records
- copy of passport and/or cédula of student (color)
- copy of passport or cédula of parents (color)
- discipline certificate
- previous grades and transcripts for the past three years (including current school year)
- pay $110 (non-refundable) application fee;
- schedule a time with the Director of Admissions to complete 4 essay questions (grades 7-12);
- arrange an interview with the respective Principal (parents, student, and principal);
- take an English test for students coming from schools not using a U.S. curriculum (or if AAI has a question about the English level of the student);
- Admissions Committee will then meet to discuss the applicant, and parents will be informed of their decision, either by a phone call or email;
- schedule a pre-registration conference with the Admissions Director; a $270.00 non-refundable annual registration fee is required to guarantee a place.
8. What is the Contact Info for Admission?
from Quito - 226-6985 ext. 6216
from Ecuador (and Cell) - 02-226-6985 ext. 6216
Outside of Ecuador 011-593-2-226-6985 ext. 6216