AAI’s mission is to develop followers of Jesus Christ who live with a focus on eternity; to provide students with a U.S. style of education based on the highest standards of educational excellence; and to provide a caring community where students are taught to be multicultural in their understanding, critical in their thinking, and compassionate in their dealings with others.
Statement of Faith
The AAI embraces and adheres to a statement of faith composed of the following tenets, reflective of the school’s historical identity and ongoing commitment as an evangelical protestant Christian ministry.
- There is one God, who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God the Father is the first member of the Trinity. He is revealed as the Creator and Sustainer of life, and as a Father, desires to live in intimate and harmonious relationship with His creation. He is the Author of our salvation through which He demonstrates His love, grace, mercy and forgiveness, as well as His authority, sovereignty, righteousness and holiness. That we may know Him, He sent us His Son to reveal to us in person the Father’s heart and character.
- Jesus Christ is true God and true man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died upon the cross, the Just for the unjust, as a substitutionary sacrifice, and all that believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures. He is now at the right hand of the Majesty on high as our great High Priest. He will come again to establish His kingdom of righteousness and peace.
- The Holy Spirit is a divine person sent to indwell, guide, teach, empower the believer and convince the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment.
- The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.
- Man was originally created in the image and likeness of God; he fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All men are born with a sinful nature, are separated from God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ. The portion of the impenitent and unbelieving is existence forever in conscious torment; and that of the believer, in everlasting joy and bliss.
- Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ, and those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life and become the children of God.
- It is the will of God that each believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit and be sanctified, being separated from sin and the world and fully dedicated to the will of God, thereby receiving power for holy living and effective service.
- The Church consists of all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit. Christ is the Head of the Body, the Church, which has been commissioned by Him to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the Gospel to all nations. The local church is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God, for edification through the Word of God, for prayer, fellowship, the proclamation of the Gospel, and observance of the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- The Second Coming of the Lord Jesus will be personal and visible.